Food processing extension and research programs at the Washington State University are designed to assist the food processors of all types and sizes in the State of Washington, the Pacific Northwest region and the Nation.
Food processing is a combination of various sciences such as engineering, chemistry, microbiology and others. The principles of food processing involves the conversion of the agricultural raw materials into value added products for the consumers.
Our program at Washington State University is focused on assisting the value added producers in their product and process development. This includes various training programs and technical services.
- 2017 WAFFP Conference is 9/20- 9/22, 2017 in Chelan, Washington. Click here for registration and more info.
- Lewis & Clark Section – IFT Suppliers’ Night & Golf Tournament 10/4 – 10/5/17. Click here for registration and more info.
- The Produce Rule is now final and available for download here.
- The Preventive Controls for Human Food rule and Preventive Controls for Animal Food rule are now final and available for download here.
- Puffed Snack Research with Fiber
- Read about the latest research into controlling cherry cracking, click here.
Click on icon to join our email list serve for updates on classes and workshops: