Food processing extension and research programs at the Washington State University are designed to assist the food processors of all types and sizes in the State of Washington, the Pacific Northwest region and the Nation.
Food processing is a combination of various sciences such as engineering, chemistry, microbiology and others. The principles of food processing involves the conversion of the agricultural raw materials into value added products for the consumers.
Our program at Washington State University is focused on assisting the value added producers in their product and process development. This includes various training programs and technical services.
News & Announcements
- Read (PDF) our latest Fact Sheet on Developing a Food Safety Plan: An Overview.
- Read more about Building a Better Puff.
- The Produce Rule is now final. Read more about it at the FDA site.
- The Preventive Controls for Human Food Rule is now final. Read more about it at the FDA Site.
- Read about the latest research into controlling cherry cracking.
Please email Cathy Blood, if you want to join our email distribution list. We post all our announcements for the trainings on the list.