Better Process Control Schools (BPCS) provide practical applications of principles set forth in the regulations and satisfy the training requirements of both FDA and USDA.
Washington State University is approved by the FDA to offer these schools which satisfy the FDA, USDA, and State education requirements for canned low acid and acidified foods. WSU offers a two-day course for processors of acidified foods in glass containers as well as the four-day schools which covers all process systems and all types of containers and closures. Private instruction tailored specifically to individual company needs is also available.
Please review conference policies.
BPCS training is takes place annually around the second week in February.
Two Day Course – Acidified Course – $450.00
The two-day course includes the following subjects:
- Applicable Regulations
- Microbiology of Thermally Processed Foods
- Acidified Foods
- Food Container Handling
- Food Plant Sanitation
- Records for Product Protection
- Principles of Thermal Processing
- Instrumentation and Equipment
- Closures for Glass Containers
Four-Day School – Full Course – $600.00
The four-day school includes all of the above subjects plus the following:
- Still Retorts – Pressure Processing in Steam
- Still Retorts – Processing with Overpressure
- Hydrostatic Retorts
- Agitating Retorts – Continuous Container Handling
- Agitating Retorts – Discontinuous Container Handling
- Aseptic Processing and Packaging Systems
- Closures for Metal Containers
- Closures for Semirigid and Flexible Containers
Cancellations will be accepted until 10 days to the course, and the registration fee, less $100 will be refunded. After that time, no refunds will be made for cancellations.
Substitutions will be allowed at any time. For additional information please contact our office at 509-335-2845, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your registration is not final until full payment is received. Please send check payments prior to beginning of the course. Course materials will only be available for paid attendees. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and checks for payments.